Saturday, March 3, 2012

I hadn't realized...

I hadn't realized putting curtains up would take so much TIME! We started in January and thought we could put all of the curtains up in one day. We have five windows, so it seemed totally do-able. BUT, we also had our dishwasher delivered on the same day. My husband and dad spend almost all day installing the dishwasher, and we only worked on the curtains for about an hour. We got the rod above our bed up. The next day, we continued in our curtain venture and put up the actual curtains (ironing curtains takes forever!). The following week, we put up another rod and curtains, and now the bedroom curtains are done (hurray!). The weekend after that, we went to Canadian Tire to get a saw because some of the rods had to be cut in order to fit our window width. We spend all day putting up two rods. One day I decided to iron curtains and we put those up on one of the living room windows. And that is where the story ends. We ran out of steam (figuratively) and of the clips that hold up our curtains (literally). This was more than a month ago. We still have so much work to do around the house (condo), but it takes so much time and energy! Last time we went to Ikea to look for more clips, they had run out and told us they wouldn't get more until April! So I guess our curtains will be looking like this for a while now:

Notice the right-hand window lacking curtains...


We still have other home improvement projects that will most likely take forever. I'd like to put some pictures up (I still haven't put my wedding pictures into frames and it's been a year and a half!), I would also like to create a reading corner in the bedroom. And I'm guessing once we know we have some visitors coming, we'll get our act together and make the guest room an actual guest room rather than a 'lets just put everything here' room. So hint hint friends, please visit so we can continue making our house more home-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment