Monday, May 13, 2013

The Great Gatsby review

After our mole poblano adventure, we went to the movies to see The Great Gatsby. R & I are both Leonardo DiCaprio fans, so we were excited to see it! This review may be slightly (very) biased because of that fact. We went to the theatre at 9:15pm and my bedtime is normally 9pm, so my eyes did close a few times during the movie, which may also affect the accuracy of this review. Nonetheless, I can tell you a few things:

  • Leonardo DiCaprio is as awesomely talented and beautiful as ever
  • Actually, all of the actors were amazing and rendered their character's personalities beautifully
  • The soundtrack is superb
  • Baz Lhurman gets carried away with party scenes (very reminiscent of Romeo & Juliet's costume ball)
  • 2 and a half hours go by very quickly
  • You do NOT need to see this movie in 3D, actually I wouldn't if I were to see it again
  • The actual story of The Great Gatsby and all of its characters are just as intriguing and mysterious as always, I think that's what I like about the story, I can never quite pin-point how I feel about neither the characters nor the events, so it definitely keeps me thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment