Wednesday, February 19, 2014

6 months

Wow! Half a year has gone by... and I *only* have another 6 months with my little baby before I have to go back to work... They really do grow up quickly!

Baby Z can now:
-push herself backwards (she gets really frustrated when she wants a toy and is moving AWAY from it rather than TOWARD it)
-sing herself to sleep (so cute!)
-sit unassisted (but she falls once in a while)
-pet the dog gently (OK OK, the occasional clump of hair comes out once in a while)

But the biggest news is that SHE STARTED EATING! We do a mix of baby-led weaning (you can read up on it here) and purées and she has a great appetite. The only thing she didn't like so far were black beans (uh oh! This is a bad sign for a half-Mexican baby... thank goodness she loved avocado, right?).

We've been keeping busy with different outings. We went to the Biodome, McCord Museum, skating, swimming and to different playdates and mommy/baby classes. It is so much fun, but I won't lie, there are definitely tough moments too. The toughest are when I need to sleep and she decides she doesn't want to sleep and is just being a grouch. Those suck.

A guess at her personality tells us that so far she's fairly easy-going, but when she's mad, boy is she ever mad! She can also be a bit of a drama queen at times, especially when she wants to be picked up. It's like it's the absolute end of the world! I guess if we look at that on the bright side, she knows what she wants and is very perseverant about getting it!

I love that I have this blog to look back on and see how much she changes every month! Oh and on a totally un-related note, this is my new favourite song:

No comments:

Post a Comment