Friday, November 9, 2012

My love affair with Celine

Most of you know that I love Celine Dion. I just watched a two-hour TV special and cried for about half of that time! The reason I think I love her so much is that all of her songs hit that spot deep down inside me that remind me of who I am. I think we are similar in many ways, especially in the fact that we harbour at least two languages and cultures. Honestly though, I can relate to so many of her songs, it's almost like she is singing about me! When I'm having a tough day with my students, I put on a few Celine songs on and it almost instantly makes me feel better. As I said before, it's almost like through the lyrics of her songs she reminds me of who I am. I can't say any other artist does that for me.

This is definitely not a promotional post in any way, but if you are a fan, her new French album came out a few days ago and is called Sans Attendre. I already love it! I'm going to try to wait until Christmas to get it (hint hint), but I may cave beforehand!

In Geneva, at the Taking Chances world tour

There she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment