Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Road trip toy organization

Traveling with an 8 month old and a two and a half year old means we have to ensure they are well entertained in the car. In order to do this, I found a box to fit between their car seats and filled it with toys. When choosing the toys, I kept two things in mind: 1 - I don’t want noisemakers, in case one of the kids is asleep while the other is not and 2 - I don’t want anything the 8 month old could choke on.

Here is a picture of the box:

urg! Never mind, I just found out I can’t add pictures to a text on tumblr. This will have to be two separate posts. See next post for pictures. Inside the box are the “regular” items: a doll wrapped in her blanket (if you look closely you can see her head was coloured on with pen during a previous road trip), a metal lunch box containing plastic animal figurines and a notepad, a metal box containing letter magnets, a colouring book and pencil crayons (regular crayons melt in the heat- I learned this the hard way), a Melissa and Doug paint with water book, 5 board books the baby can’t destroy, three soft balls, animals that can be laced, a Crayola finger painting travel toy. Next, I made 7 ziplock bags with novelty items so that both kids get a new toy every day. My plan is to rotate the items that are already in the box to have enough room for everything. In the bags I placed: various teething toys for the baby, books, sticker books and paint with water books. Hopefully this keeps them entertained and stays more or less organized!

via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1QnnK7A

No comments:

Post a Comment