Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Day 6: Missoula, Montana

There is something about camping that makes me sleep so well! I think it has to do with being close to the earth and following the sun’s rhythm more. We were up early (5:30am) as I had anticipated due to baby A, but we felt really well rested nonetheless.

I’ve been feeling so fortunate during this trip that our girls and dog are such good travelers. I’m also so happy my husband is my partner in this adventure, we work really well as a team.

I forgot to mention earlier about Z’s odd fear of dogs. It is so weird considering we have a dog, but she is terrified of all the dogs we meet, we have to hold her in our arms otherwise she has a big fit! I’m hoping it’s just a phase.

Aside from the amazing Montana scenery, we saw so many animals today!

Bison (ok that was yesterday but I forgot to mention it)
Cows
Sheep
Horses
Pigs
Deer
Heron
Geese
Falcon

The similarities and differences from doing this road trip when I was a kid and now is that now I get to choose when we stop, eat, etc. Not that it was bad when I was young, but being in control of the stops is fun! Also, having access to the Internet and GPS instead of using paper maps makes a huge difference! For all of our stops, I just use google maps to find a park and I zoom in to see if they have a playground, something I definitely couldn’t have done when I was a kid!

Today went smoothly, we stopped in Billings for a picnic lunch near a river, it was an amazing spot! We stopped again in Butte for a play in the park, ice cream and a few more groceries. We almost rain out of gas!!!! The dashboard said we had 10km left and we turned in to this old gas station and it said “out of gas” and we had to cross our fingers we’d get to the next one in time, but we did thankfully! It’s getting really late - I think the coffee milkshake I had earlier is keeping me up!



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1SO6YV4

No comments:

Post a Comment