Sunday, December 5, 2010

What the elves are making this year...

Our 'writing a letter to Santa' has been especially rewarding to me as a teacher this year, because my students have come so far and can actually write! I am very proud. Along the way, I learned that there are some toys that never go out of style, for example:

-Barbies/dolls/Barbie accessories
-legos (especially Star Wars legos)
-books

The 'new' items on the list are the techy things such as:
-DSI
-PSP
-Wii

etc... really, I hope Santa is up-to-date on his technology and acronyms, because I don't think children would be very happy to end up with Pretty Sparkly Princesses when they really wanted some hand-held video game device.

In other news, it was my annual Christmas decorating party yesterday, which I only partly hosted with my mom at my parent's house. I say partly because, to be honest, my mom did most of the cooking and cleaning. I just came up with ideas. The decorating aspect was a success. I am lucky to have older cousins who have the cutest kids EVER, so we had two 1-year-olds, a 2-year-old and a 4 year-old helping to decorate the tree this year (and only one of the little guys was into un-decorating!). Then we ate - oh how I love Christmas food! I learned how to make tourtières and cassoulet with my mom last weekend! We also had mulled wine and cider, great salads and too many scrumptious desserts! After that, the cute kids helped decorate the gingerbread cookies I made. The one-year-olds were way past their bedtime at this point, so they didn't participate, but the other two kids did a great job. I had to supervise the chocolate chips though - I guess they prefer chocolate to gingerbread! For all the Puebla girls, it definitely was not the same without you, but you now have a very special place on our family Christmas tree! PS - I know I promised pictures, but my camera ran out of batteries, so you'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment