Thursday, June 30, 2011

I pronounce it 'ant' not 'aunt'

June has just rushed by me! It was full of concerts, end-of-year stuff (concert, graduation, report cards, water balloon fight, etc.) and BABIES!

One of my very best friends gave birth on June 18th to a beautiful baby girl. I got to see her when she was just three days old! This is my friend's second child and her delivery was super fast and easy, she said she wished it on any mother.

My sister-in-law just gave birth to my nephew two days ago in Florida. I'll have to wait a month until I meet him for real, but from what I can see in the pictures, he is just perfect!

I love being an auntie!!! I'm sure the fact that I love kids in general helps with this. Oh and a colleague of mine also had a baby a few days ago.

In other news, my husband and I are temporarily living in Laval (one of the suburbs of Montreal) and I keep singing Arcade Fire songs in my head. It is very different from anywhere else I've lived, which is weird because I have lived in many different cities. I'll definitely need to adjust and get used to having about ten malls and a bazillion stores everywhere I turn.

Other than that, I've been enjoying summer. Watching a lot (too much?) of TV... especially HGTV. I think I'm addicted. It's bad. And then husband and I went to Ikea and bought a bed. The summer sale was on (you know that commercial 'Start the car, start the caaaaar!'?) and it was a steal.

We're off to finish up cleaning my friend's apartment and walk around the Jazz Festival. I LOVE the Jazz Festival!!! I hope your summer is treating you just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment