Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Change ahead

Well I've made it a year as a blog-writer and still find it very fun. Since my return from Florida, I have partaken in many outdoorsy activities with my family (surprise, surprise - those who know us know that this is always what we do with free time on our hands). My dad, Paul and I went on two bike rides. The first one was a huge uphill climb and the second one was more of a stroll. I prefer the stroll. I also prefer a women's bike seat and am still hoping for an Amsterdam-style bike purchase in the future.

On Saturday, my mom and sister joined us for a hike up a nearby ski hill. It was HOT and there were a few times we stopped because I thought my heart would jump out of my chest, but the view was beautiful and it was a good time. After the hike we jumped in the Memphremagog lake (I really like the lake's name) to cool off and stopped for poutine at a diner, which may have cancelled out the calories burned during the hike, but that wasn't the main goal anyway (burning calories that is).

View of lake Memphremagog from Owl's Head ski hill.

Other than that, I chopped my hair off! Actually the hairdresser did. I'd been thinking about it since April and was too chicken to do it, and finally I just did. I really like having short hair, it's the easiest thing in the world to up-keep, and seeing as I spend about 0.2 seconds on my hair, it's a great style for me. I have a wedding coming up at the end of August though, so I don't know if there is any 'special' way to do short hair so it looks nicer, but suggestions are welcome!
Before
After


Now that it has been a year, I'm thinking I may want to change the focus of my blog and I need your advice. I have come up with three different options, let me know which one you think is best.

A - Keep the blog as it is, random thoughts, etc.
B - A teaching blog, reflections on my teaching that will help me improve as a teacher could be written here
C - A 'historic' blog of sorts, rewriting some of my best journal entries from when I was a little girl/teenager

Which option do you think is best? A, B or C?

2 comments:

  1. Haha t'as l'air saoule sur le "Before".
    Je vote pour un mélange de A et C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should do all three, AB and C. just randomly. and p.s. you shocked me with your hair chopping. but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete