Thursday, April 7, 2011

developing a sense of smell

one of my cutie patooties at work today was walking around by herself at recess with an odd look on her face. 'Wathca doing?' I asked. 'I'm smelling my friends' was her answer. BEST MOMENT OF MY DAY! This is why I teach!

I've been having lots of ups and downs lately, as my class has been somewhat *cough cough* (OK extremely) misbehaved. But I have great friends and a supportive husband who remind me that what I do and what I need to focus on is being there for that child and helping them to discover the world.

On a sort-of related note, one of my friends sent me an article on TCKs (Third Culture Kids) that I found super interesting. I definitely am a TCK and relate well to other TCKs, I guess it has to do with sharing a similar experience and upbringing. Here is a book and brief summary about Third Culture Kids. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment