Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend in Belleville

We set out on Friday night around 5:30pm and were making good time, but there was a HUGE crash on the 401 that delayed us so we arrived late (at about 10:30pm). Friday night we chatted a little and head to bed.

Saturday morning, I was greeted by beautiful LJ who is now 2 years old! She is such a sweet toddler who showed me all of her toys and even shared some with me! She also sings and dances just like her mother! We went for lunch at a cute little French style café and had amazing food. I ordered a ham and cheese quiche, chocolate croissant and a decaf latte while my husband had a chicken salad sandwich and chocolate tartlet. Everything was delicious!

Back home we watched the World's Figure Skating championship and went for a walk around the neighbourhood. We had a scrumptious Mexican-style lasagna for dinner, which we ate in the beautifully decorated dining room. Later on we watched Life of Pi, which I really enjoyed. I couldn't get past the second chapter of the book, but I think it was because the events in the book weren't in chronological order and I found it too confusing. The movie was beautifully done.

On Sunday we went to church to see A's father sing with his band. The same band had played at their wedding and I even recognized a few songs! It was a beautiful service and it was nice to see A's parents again! We headed home right after that. It was a short and sweet trip, but oh so nice to see dear friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment