Saturday, September 25, 2010

Carpe Diem

I feel so great today. I had a super mega major stressful week and most of the stresses have been dealt with, and now I feel more able to seize the day and live each moment. If you think about it though, it's really hard to do. We are usually reminiscing about the past or planning for the future. Anyway, that's how it is for me. Very rarely do I just sit and feel grateful for the moment. I do today though. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!

So here I go reminiscing about my week. The first major stress was the first communication I had to do at school. It's basically a mini report card, which meant a lot of evaluating. I also had to mentally prepare and/or forewarn certain parents because one thing I've learned over the past few years teaching in private schools is that if a child isn't doing so well, it is DEFINITELY the teacher's fault. So yes I have to back myself up in very many ways to prove that I am doing everything in my power for the child to succeed.

Second stress was also school-related. I have three students who have behaviour problems, so I went to see the counsellor for some advice and we were definitely on the same page with what needed to be done. It still takes a lot of time and energy, so that was stressful.

Third stress was a French exam called the CEFRANC I had to take. Funny thing is that I don't really have to take it, but it's a good thing to have because all of the French school boards ask for it. I studied as best as I could but I know I could have studied more. I took the test today and I decided it could be considered a linguistic experiment, because really I took the test intuitively. Since I hadn't studied much, there were a few questions I just had to guess at and be like well that sounds most right, so I'll pick that one. I wonder how effective that will be. I wish I could have this test be the control exam (no studying) and then if I fail, the next test could be the "with study" exam, but really that's impossible because there are too many other factors to control for - oh social sciences. Anyway, an experiment on your own self is probably not recommended. I wonder if they'd still call it observer bias? Are you observing yourself? Haha... Ok I'm making myself laugh which means I'm probably boring you - sorry!

The last thing I wanted to mention was that there are a few songs that I'm greatly enjoying at the moment. Listen to the lyrics and you'll probably understand why (if you know me at all)!
Suddenly I see - KT Tunstall
Whenever, wherever - Shakira (I really hope you're reading this Corie, I just thought of the mud and mountains and papelitos and so much fun!!!!!!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the stress is finally over! I have done the same kind of thing on the TOEFL and TOEIC exams! I think you´ll do just fine! It´s nice to know how you are doing. We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower - very cool blog. Love for you to check my blog and follow me. Thanks
    Mr Monkey

    ReplyDelete