Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday weekend was awesome!!! I'm lucky to have labour day always fall on or around my birthday so I get a three-day weekend! Paul and I wanted to get out of town for a change of scenery and we decided to go to Quebec City since Paul had never properly visited (or hadn't been since he was 12, according to him). I know some of you will read this and think "really, you needed a change of scenery after a cross-country move?" and the answer is a simple YES we did. The drive up went smoothly, but we stopped at a Tim Hortons and they didn't take Visa! Is that normal across Canada? What's up with that? Luckily I had enough change! We (and by 'we' I mean Paul) had checked out a few hotels on the internet but everything was booked, so we weren't sure if we were going to stay in Quebec City or drive back the same day. We parked in Old Quebec City and walked around a little bit looking for a hotel and at the beautiful streets. We found a super cute hotel / inn and booked the night. Then we kept walking and - I'm sorry if this post doesn't make much sense, I'm watching Glee as I write this - so we walked around and stopped to have a Beaver Tail and take pictures, here's one:
Then we shopped for a while since my new school has a pretty intense dress code and because my feet were tortured by new shoes for 'Meet the teacher night' so I needed new heel-less shoes. I love my new clothes, and the shopping spree was fun! I also got awesome emerald earrings that match my ring from Paul's parents! We had a very yummy dinner. On Sunday we went to Galerie de la Capitale, which is a big mall with a roller coaster and such. We did a little bit more shopping and then drove back to Montreal. There was a bad crash on the highway so we were stuck in traffic for a little over an hour! We came home and rented the first 'Millenium' movie. If you haven't read the books yet, you should, they are much better than the movie. Oh speaking of movies, I also saw Eat, pray, love with my mom (it was good but the book is better) and Dinner with Schmucks (the original is better). Yesterday, Monday, my birthday, we went to my parent's house. My aunt, uncle, cousin, grandma and adoptive uncle were all there (plus my immediate family). It was really fun! My birthday gift from my students was an amazing day today! They were so well-behaved and we had a lot of fun reviewing the vowels - hopefully this keeps up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment