Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Diaper wrangling

This should be a new Olympic sport, but who would provide the babies? haha! What I'm referring to here is the diaper change when baby just wants to crawl away. I'll take you through the steps:

1. Baby begins on her back

2. Baby twists and turns and arches her back, finally ending up on her stomach

3. Baby crawls away

This is great news for her motor development, and I'm glad she has mastered all of these skills. However, diaper changing has never been harder! So now here are some tricks I've discovered/stolen from other mommies:

1. Change baby on the floor (this should be obvious, as a baby crawling away from a changing table would be a serious hazard)
2. Give baby a toy/clean diaper/soother/anything to keep his hands and eyes busy in the meantime
3. Change baby near a mirror (those little egocentrics just love to smile at themselves)

*Oh my goodness tonight was the worst ever! She just kept running (crawling) away and I had to call for reinforcement (husband) to help distract her while I got the diaper on!

No comments:

Post a Comment