Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easy DIY baby toys

This past week has been full of easy DIY baby toys so I thought I'd share!

First, at my daughter's development class we made different texture booklets. To do this, you need to:
1. Find a few cool textures (we used: a cut up squishy ball, a cut up bath mat, a cut up stuffed animal (for the fur), a few sparkly stickers and foam)
2. Punch a hole in each item
3. Secure them together with something
4. Voilà!

Then, it was Easter so I bought colourful plastic eggs for Baby Z's first Easter egg hunt. I just hid a few of her toys in the eggs and she really enjoyed it. But the next day, I had a brilliant idea! We could make shakers out of the eggs! This is a really easy toy to make. All you have to do is:
1. Find a small container (ex. a plastic Easter egg)
2. Fill it with something you think will make a cool sound (we used: rice, lentils, and corn)
3. Shake it!
4. Voilà!

I have a few crafty projects in mind for the coming weeks so I will keep you updated on how those go!

No comments:

Post a Comment