Monday, May 23, 2011

A visitor from Boston

After a busy week, it feels so good to have a three-day weekend to relax! We had a friend visit from Boston this weekend. She was our neighbour in Mexico and is originally from Washington state. On Friday after work we went for a picnic on Mount Royal with some friends. Actually, we only knew one girl there, but we met lots of her nursing friends and we had a great time. We sat right by Beaver Lake.

On Saturday morning, C came to work with me. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I lead groups of small children (they are about 2 and 3 years old) in basic gymnastics skills in order to develop their sense of balance, hand-eye co-ordination, etc. It's called 'Le tour du monde de Karibou' and it's great fun!

We then went for lunch at a place called 'Kilo' in the Village. It was AMAZING!!! I have to say, it was a beautiful sunny day so the terraces were open and people-watching was fun! We had sangria and sandwiches and everything was delicious!

Afterwards, we walked to the Old Port to get some ice cream and walked and walked some more. We saw a street entertainer and watched him for a while, we walked to Notre Dame church and then back home. We rested for a while and then went out for dinner at La Banquise, which apparently has the best poutine in Montreal (there's a picture here if you don't remember what poutine is), but I was a bit disappointed this time. I've been before and liked the food, but this time it seemed like the fries were cold, the sauce wasn't salty enough and the cheese hadn't melted. Honestly, I prefer the poutine from the small pizza place that's just around the corner by my house!

Sunday morning we went to Chez Cora for breakfast, of course and I had the usual: a crepomelette with spinach and cheddar. We then walked along St. Catherine's street, went into various stores and visited the underground mall. I bought shoes. I think I have a little problem with summer shoes. They are just so pretty!!!

My friend C had to go back to Boston, but the fun didn't stop there! We went over to our friend's for a lobster dinner last night, which was amazing. I LOVE lobster! I had forgotten how good it was. It tastes like the ocean, and with the garlic butter dipping sauce he had made, it was perfect!

The plans for today are to help my siblings plant a garden. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment