Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why?

So I've had a few people question me about the name of my blog and why do I even have a blog in the first place? I decided to use this blog to offer explanations.

1. The title of the blog is in French and translates literally to 'the adventures of a fart'. Yes, you read that right, fart. It's my nickname. And it's not even because I fart a lot, it's just that it rhymes with my name (at least in French it does). My husband started adding it to my name a while back, and my siblings thought it was just great, so it stuck. When I had to title my blog, I thought it'd be cute. But now that I work in French-speaking territory, it's a bit embarrassing when my colleagues ask, "Why is your blog called 'adventures of a fart'?" And I try to explain that it's a nickname, but I think everyone is convinced that I fart a lot, or maybe I just smell... hmmmm...

2. Why a blog? Now that I've been on the 'blogosphere' (horrible word) for a while, I have come to notice different types of blogs. There are those that give information about something, the funny ones, the ones that try to be funny, the mommy ones, the preachy ones, the photography ones, the 'I want to sell you nick nack' ones, the 'I want to get noticed' ones, etc... I'm not trying to have a special kind of blog. I don't think I fit into any of the above-mentioned categories. I've kept a journal since I was six years old and I like journal-writing. I had stopped for a while because once my boy-drama settled, I felt like there wasn't much to write about. But I enjoy the act of writing in itself, so I figured if I had a blog, I might feel like writing more often. Which is why this came to be. It's a sort of journal, but obviously not too personal. Basically I just like having a place to jot down my thoughts and memories so I don't forget what I do, what I like, what I'd change, etc. And I feel like sharing it is kind of fun! Knowing that friends that are far away can keep in touch with me this way is awesome! So there you have it. I hope you enjoy reading!

1 comment: