Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Billy Elliott

Paul and I drove down to Belleville, Ontario this past weekend to visit our great friends. I drove (and I'll admit I complained) for four hours straight (no stops for 'I'm hungry, tired or need to pee' breaks - this is a first for me!). I complained mostly about the music - I swear the shuffle/random button on Paul's iPhone doesn't work and it seems like we ALWAYS listen to the same songs. I finally got him to put my country mix on and belted out tunes until we got to Belleville.

Friday night consisted of catching up and spending time with our friend's wonderful 7-month-old. She is SOOOO cute! She stares, sits, does 'flirty eyes' as I call them, grunts, smiles, coos, and is just awesome! I could stare at and play with her all day. We had a great barbecue dinner and then watched a few episodes of 'Modern Family'.

Saturday we drove out to Toronto to see the musical 'Billy Elliott'. We were so lucky to have almost front row seats. We were like five rows from the stage! The musical was amazing and made me want to learn more about the coal-mine strike. I've decided a good way to judge a movie or show is if it makes you want to learn more about it. Definite win for Billy Elliott. It also made me feel a little bit bad about myself because there were so many amazing children in the show! I mean the kid who played Billy Elliott was phenomenal! He's a triple-threat as my friend says because he can sing, dance and act and he does so better than some adults out there! It was great to see so much natural talent. Afterwards we went out for dinner and walked around in Toronto a little bit.

Sunday we went to Northbeach! It was a beautiful day for it, sunny with a little breeze coming off the lake. The waves were just the right height. It was a perfect day. It was baby's first day at the beach, so that was a great event to be a part of. We had a picnic and swam a bit. The drive back went smoothly. We hit some traffic in Brockville, but that was also about the time my bladder was about to burst so we stopped for a bit and when we got back on the highway the traffic had disappeared!

All-in-all it was a perfect weekend! Thanks to our friends for inviting us! Can't wait to see you again in August! In other news, Paul and I are still watching all of the Harry Potter movies before seeing the last one in Imax 3D (we watched the fifth one last night). Stay tuned for my 'review' of the final movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment