Friday, July 8, 2011

I could be a princess

Kate and Will's Canadian visit has caused many people to question to role of the monarchy and yaddi-yadda. My personal opinion is that it sucks that they use our tax dollars to have an awesome vacation, but I still think it's cool that they are a prince and princess. I think all over the world, different monarchies have secretly been paying Disney to infect the minds of young girls like me to think that princesses are just the coolest thing ever!

I actually had a student this year come up to me and tell me in a super indignant voice:
Student - "Miss, she says princesses are real!" 
Me - "Well, they are."
Student - "No, Miss, like she says they're not just in movies."
Me - "Actually, Canada has a queen, it's the queen of England."
Student's eyes go wide - the realization sets in - "That means princesses DO EXIST!"
Me - "Yes, yes they do."

So that's kind of my point of view. Yes it's a waste of time, money, whatever, but it's just soooo cool! It's kind of like if dragons or dinosaurs or fairies or elves existed. 

Oh and I've recently come to think that I could be a princess because I've been eating out with friends a lot and I figure that's what rich people do. They eat nice food, they smile and wave, and look good. I could smile and wave. 

See?

The only thing I couldn't do is obey all the rules. Showing my shoulders is probably a no-no, my smile probably isn't white enough, my hair isn't long enough and most importantly, I would HATE to be in the public eye at all times. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a complete klutz. Getting out of the car or sitting nicely are not my forte. Still, I'll keep dreaming!

2 comments:

  1. I believe you could definitely be a princess!! What a cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful bride , If you don't mind I like to see your wedding pictures or movie. We can arrange it if it's fine with you.

    ReplyDelete