Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blackberry madness

Before I start, we have decided on a new dinnerware set. Paul's grandma recommended Villeroy-Boch because they last for years (she's had hers over 25 years and Paul's mom has had hers for 30 years and they don't chip or break!). So we started looking there and found this:

We went to see Paul's aunt and she has agreed to buy it for us, but some items are temporarily out of stock. We are going to wait to buy it, but this will most likely be it! It's called 'Flow'.

Paul did win his hockey tournament last night!!! We went out to celebrate but instead of Tacos al Pastor, we went to Applebees. At one point in the evening, there were about 10 people there and I swear to you I was LITERALLY (oh how I wish I was exaggerating) the only one without a Blackberry. This would not be a problem for me but they were ALL (again I wish I was exaggerating) chatting/texting/calling/etc! I looked around as thought 'I wish they would all turn into blackberries (the fruit) and explode' just like in Charlie and the Chocolate factory when that girl (Victoria?) turns into a blueberry. It was so annoying and I felt so left out, but then I also thought I really don't want to have a Blackberry and turn into one of those people who ignores everyone - especially at the table! To me, texting or talking on the phone while at the dinner table is very rude. When I absolutely have to, I will excuse myself about having to use my cell phone at the table. So to be the only person who was sitting there willing to talk with someone and having no one but BB addicts to interact with, I did the only logical thing I could do: I turned to my husband and told him to put that piece of technology away. Being the wonderful husband he is, he listened, and slowly but surely everyone else followed suit. Now this is a very important note. If I EVER become a Blackberry addict, please, please someone remind me of how rude it is to use it ALL THE TIME, especially at a dinner table. Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment