Friday, August 6, 2010

Movies and stories

Most of you already know that I love movies and good books. I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that what I really love are stories. I love meeting people and hearing about their life story, or going for coffee with friends and hearing their stories. I love teaching little kids and hearing their stories. The world is full of stories we just have to learn to look out for them, and appreciate them. I guess not everyone appreciates a good story. 


Going back to movies, I appreciate even a bad story. Or well, a very predictable one is what I meant. You know the typical Hollywood love story or romantic comedy where X falls in love with Y (someone they are really not supposed to fall in love with like a coworker or a bosses' daughter or something) and then a variety of good things happen so they are super duper happy and then something goes horribly wrong and then one of the two has to prove their love to the other person and then they life happily ever after. Even though I already know all of this, I still enjoy them. But I must say I do prefer a shiny, new story. All of this blabbing has just been to tell you how amazing the movie Inception is. It is new and fresh and I don't think anyone will be bored or unappreciative of this story. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't tell you much, but I wonder about the end: is he or isn't he? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED that movie. I saw it twice...and the second time you realize so much more than the first. I can't give my opinion because it'll give away too much. haha.

    ReplyDelete