Monday, August 16, 2010

Wedding day memories

Inspired by my awesome friend Kristen who just got married, I decided to jot down a few wedding day memories so I don't forget them! I will go in chronological order.

1 - When both hairstylists used their hairdryers at the same time the electricity went out - I was a little bit worried when it happened a second time, but then they decided to only use one hairdryer at a time and everything was fine.

2 - I arrived at the hotel to be told the room I was getting dressed in wasn't ready yet! I had a bit of a bridezilla moment (my mom and sister can attest to this) but I had no idea how awesome those twenty minutes would be. We walked down to Starbucks and had a family lunch and it was definitely a priceless moment.
3 - We were already taking pictures and I was so happy with how everyone looked and then THE BOUQUETS ARRIVED! Oh my goodness, it was pure perfection! I had never in a million years imagined something so beautiful!
4 - I arrived to the church and needed to confess myself before the ceremony, but I definitely did not want Paul to see me, so I confessed myself outside on the street! I was in such a happy and excited mood that I honestly could not think of anything to confess, so we just prayed for the fact that Paul and I lived together before getting married.
5 - The walk down the aisle was not as I had imagined it would be. I could barely see anything or anyone through the veil so I just caught glimpses of guests. I was really excited to see Paul and his reaction (he looked bored according to my sister) but I couldn't until the last second. My parents were so cute the whole walk down they kept saying how happy and proud they were. As soon as I did see Paul I got a huge knot in my throat and my eyes started to water and I knew I would be crying the whole time if I didn't control myself. I did a pretty good job through the readings and everything up until the vows - as soon as I said the word 'husband' I was practically bawling, but I got through it.

6 - Before we ate, when we arrived at the reception, what felt like many people (but was probably only a few) kept coming up to me and asking questions. I just remember turning to Paul and being like I'm done organizing and planning - tell them to figure it out! My second bridezilla moment (to my friends, this is also why I missed the group picture). Oh well my mini freak-out worked because the rest of the evening went really smoothly.

7 - I remember not being able to sit down during the dance at all. Every new song was better than the last and I didn't want to miss dancing to it! I did take a break to get some fresh air at some point and missed the beginning of the boy's group dance to 'Backstreet's Back'! I ran in though (again, how could I NOT dance to 'Backstreet's Back'?) and caught the end of the dance!
Well there you have it - those are the moments that truly stand out in my memory. Overall I just kept thinking of how great it was to have everyone I love in one room having a good time. I wish I could get married every weekend! hehe... minus the planning and spending, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. thanks for writing this down :) I had such a good time at your wedding. Its probably in my TOP 10 of 2010 :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete