Sunday, August 29, 2010

How rude

I feel awful. I just realized the last time I posted was August 24th... exactly one day after my husband's birthday and I didn't even mention him! This just goes to show I'm quite wrapped up with school these days and may be ... what's the word? not ignoring, but well just not giving him enough of my time and attention. So to clear things up, on the 23rd we went to Rockaberry's for desert and it was delicious! I had an oreo cheesecake and he had the triple chocolate cake. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I LOVE MONTREAL! Just to be able to sit outside on a terasse and watch people walk by and live right in the heart of the city is an experience I will never forget!

Last Tuesday was my first day carpooling as well. Remember the 6:35am departure? Well now it's 7am. I definitely appreciate those 25 minutes. I ride with a third grade teacher and with my first grade teacher partner. They are both awesome.

"We should get a move on"... OK I better make this quick. I'm truly enjoying myself here. Work is overwhelming, but I sincerely hope that a routine will quickly be established in my classroom and that way I can stop worrying about it so much. I haven't had a full day with my students yet, but I met them on Thursday afternoon and they were wonderful! They are a lively group, but as I said, I think once the routine gets established, we'll all be just fine.

Other than that, Montreal is awesome. Did I mention that already? I went out to Juliette et Chocolat on Thursday with my friend Melanie, and then we walked up and down main street (St. Laurent) which is closed to traffic for 'main mania' (the shops put their stuff outside and there are a few DJs and dance groups out there to entertain you as you walk along - it's great). Friday I had dinner at my parents, which may sound boring, but it's a blessing when you haven't been living in the same city as them for two years. We had a great time and even played the train game. Saturday we went for a picnic on Mount Royal with Melanie and then we went shopping. I needed to get some things for my classroom so we went to Ikea and then to Staples and then I also got teacher shoes because my shoes were starting to hurt my feet. Last night we went to L'Academie and Vol de Nuit with Willow and Luc and another couple from Nova Scotia. It was so great to catch up with old friends and hang out around Montreal. I hope this feeling doesn't rub off too soon - I'm enjoying how novel everything feels, even though I'm re-visiting it. So we should indeed get a move on and go to Marché Jean Talon for our groceries! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. you did mention pauls bday in the prev post. you went "adventuring" and it sounded really cool!

    ReplyDelete