Saturday, March 18, 2017

Day 13: Golden, British Columbia

I really enjoy blogging as it forces me to look at my day and at what I see as uneventful and find the interesting moments.

We’re back on the road again. We left Vancouver quite late at 10am, since packing up with two little ones playing at the same time is not that easy.

We stopped in a small town called Hope for a picnic lunch at a school playground. We had perfect timing as the girls played for a bit, we are, and then the students came running out for their recess and we had to pack up and leave. It also started drizzling right around the same time.

The drive to Revelstoke was beautiful. Despite the gray and rainy weather, the majestic mountains took our breath away. We had dinner at a place called Taco Club and it was one of the best dinners of the whole trip! I had a yam burrito and all of the flavours blended so well together, it was amazing.

The road from Revelstoke to Golden is known as Roger’s Pass. I remembered this from my childhood as there are a few tunnels to go through. My husband and I would hold our breath through each tunnel but they weren’t that long. We also saw a few trains go by. At one point a sign said “Caution: Bear on road”. Let me tell you we had our eyes peeled and my camera was ready, but we didn’t see anything.

We are sleeping in a cozy cabin in Golden tonight (the rain and cold are not good camping weather), and breakfast is included tomorrow morning. We are looking forward to seeing friends in Calgary tomorrow!



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mdwkmT

No comments:

Post a Comment