Saturday, March 18, 2017

Day 23: Blind River, Ontario

Whew! Another full day of driving! We had breakfast at Tim Horton’s in Nipigon and head out. During this trip, we’ve seen many wild animals, including bison, deer, geese, falcons, and a moose, but this morning, my husband saw a bear! It was walking along a side road and we drove past so quickly I didn’t get a chance to see it, but it’s exciting to know it was there!

We stopped for lunch at White River, where apparently Winnie the Pooh is from (the actual bear, not the story). Unfortunately it was raining so the girls weren’t able to play in the park, but the food was pretty good. We ate at a local diner.

Our next stop was very short but we just had to step out of the car and put our feet in the water of Lake Superior. We stopped at Batchawana Bay provincial park at a little beach. It was incredibly beautiful and calm.

We had dinner in Sault Sainte Marie. It was one of the best meals of the trip! I am definitely going to try to recreate it at home. I had salmon with spinach, red peppers, goat cheese and a dried tomato sauce. There was a live singer there and it was interesting to me that my husband and I had both created mental images of the guy based on just his voice.

We are sleeping at a beautiful motel on Lake Huron, I can’t wait to see it in the morning, as we actually have our own dock on the water!



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mFItxo

No comments:

Post a Comment