Saturday, March 18, 2017

Day 21: Falcon Lake, Manitoba

I’m in a much better mood than yesterday. Today was an amazing day! After our yummy camping oatmeal, we set out towards Winnipeg - Z thought this was hilarious since her daycare educator’s name is Winnie. We stopped for gas and then at a rest stop for a picnic lunch. In case you are wondering, our lunches on the way to Vancouver were always peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so we got kind of sick of that! For the last two days we’ve made wraps with tortillas, hummus and sprouts. Tomorrow we have those ready-made tuna salads for lunch. I’m actually excited to try them!

I don’t remember ever having been to Manitoba, let alone Winnipeg, although I my have been when I was a child. It is prairie-flat. Winnipeg was a nice city. We stopped at a park in a French neighbourhood and we’re kind of surprised to hear the kids speaking French. We then stopped at Starbucks and drove on for another hour or so. There was a moment today when my husband and I sang along to the radio to the Backstreet Boys and Alanis Morissette, I think that was the highlight of my day!

We arrived at a provincial campground and the girls and I played in the playground while the husband prepared the tent and dinner (dinner consists of a can of hearty soup and crackers).

I was a bit worried that this trip (being so long in the car) would have a negative effect on baby A’s motor development, but I am happy to report she is now crawling on all fours! And she always wants to walk while holding our hands and gets mad when we set her down.

No internet yesterday (we were over our monthly data plan limit!) but this morning we woke up so well-rested and so late!



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mFRAxV

No comments:

Post a Comment