Saturday, March 18, 2017

What I learned

After completing the amazing cross-country road trip with my family, I wanted to reflect on the highlights of the trip.

Before I forget, during the trip we stopped at 22 different playgrounds, we saw 23 bicycle tourists (in Canada only) and 1 hiker tourist.

A lot of people have asked what my favourite part of the trip was but it is so hard to choose just one thing. I loved seeing friends, the beautiful scenery, and the incredible activities we did. I especially liked spending time with my family. My husband and I make an amazing team, and it’s always nice to be reminded of how well suited we are for one another. My daughters grew and learned and I was able to witness their growth. Our dog is the sweetest companion anyone could ask for. As a family, we bonded in ways that are hard to describe. I truly hope this trip created a precedent that will be repeated.

The most difficult thing about the trip was (perhaps obviously) when the girls were whining in the car. This often happened after they’d woken up from a nap, but we still had an hour or two ahead of us. My worst fear was that someone would get sick or that we’d have car problems, but luckily other than the dog vomiting one day, we were fine.

Finally, I learned and was reminded of how simple life can be. I learned to be more flexible, living without a schedule, but I’m not sure I can keep it up! We also brought just what was necessary, and really, we don’t need much more than that! Also, kind of randomly, I’ve decided I will no longer be eating baby animals (veal, lamb, etc.) because they are just too cute! And poor mommy animals who have to be separated from their young… I may become vegetarian if I think about it for too long!

I hope you enjoyed reading about our adventure. If you want to do something similar don’t hesitate to ask me about it. And if you’re on the fence - just do it! It’s a lot easier than people think it is!



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mFZ97K

No comments:

Post a Comment